Thursday, September 6, 2012
Gearing Up to Get an Agent- Meet and Greet
I just found out about this great hop, so I am a little late posting, but still within the time frame- Phew. The Gearing Up to Get an Agent Hop is sponsored by Deana Barnhart.
My name is Dorine White. I graduated from BYU with a degree in Humanities. I spent a couple years writing screen plays before trying my hand at novels. I am happy to announce that my first book, The Emerald Ring, is due out in May 2013. It will be published by Sweetwater Press, an imprint of Cedar Fort Books, and is the first in a 5 book middle grade fantasy series.
I live in the beautiful Northwest with my husband and six busy children. When I'm not writing, I'm most likely reading. I am a member of three writer groups: The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI), The Whidbey Island Writers Group, and The Pacific Northwest Writers Association (PNWA).
Meet & Greet-
1. Where do I write? For the longest time I wrote in the living room on our family desk top, but just a couple months ago a purchased a mini lap top, and now I tend to write sitting on my bed.
2.What is the first thing I see to the left of my writing space? Books, some in piles, some scattered around.
3. Favorite time to write? Whenever the kids are leaving me alone.
4. Drink of choice when writing? Water.
5. When writing do you listen to music or need silence? Silence, blessed silence.
6. What was the inspiration for your latest manuscript and where did you find it? Well, I love to daydream, so most of my stories begin there. I just keep building up the story in my head until I have to put it down on paper.
7. What's your must valuable writing tip? Join the SCBWI, they taught me everything I know.